Choosing a Garage Door Installer
Why buy from a DHF Garage Door Group member?
Your DHF Garage Door Group installer will guide you towards the door that best meets your needs. An initial site survey enables the installer to recommend the door that best suits your budget, your home and your lifestyle needs. For example, a busy life may suggest automatic operation with remote control and a low maintenance door type that never needs painting. Partial use of the garage as a utility space or workshop may lead you to a roller door that leaves overhead storage space free. It is the role of a skilled installer to specify the perfect door for you.
Quality advice and expert installation
Choosing a DHF Garage Door Group installer is your assurance that you will not be supplied with an unsafe, poor quality door that has been badly fitted by inexperienced personnel.
Garage Door Group manufacturing members provide installers with training that gives them the skills and knowledge to make a safe and reliable installation.
Choosing a DHF Garage Door Group installer gives you the reassurance that:
- the door will come with a unique 2 year warranty that in the unlikely event that a member installer ceases trading, the DHF will ensure that another DHF Garage Door Group member installer resolves the problem for you
- the door complies with applicable safety legislation and will bear the legally required CE marking
DHF members manufacture, supply, install and maintain all types of manual and power operated domestic garage doors. DHF Garage Door Group installer members have direct access and close links with the leading UK Garage Door Group manufacturing members.
All DHF Garage Door Group installers:
- maintain public liability insurance
- understand the legislation that classifies automated garage doors as machinery and so demands special compliance procedures and documentation
- are fully supported by all the leading garage door manufacturers and suppliers of garage door control and automation equipment
- have committed to comply with or exceed all current safety standards
Using a DHF Garage Door Group member company gives you the confidence that they will have the ability to provide a safe system that will fulfil your needs. Member companies also have at their disposal the backing of our extensive training, guidance, legal and technical standards advice.
This is an information sheet produced by the Door & Hardware Federation (DHF). The DHF represents all key players in powered gates, industrial, commercial and garage doors, as well as the leading UK manufacturers and suppliers of building hardware, locks and architectural ironmongery. © Copyright DHF September 2014. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this document in any form is prohibited without permission being granted in writing from the Door & Hardware Federation, 42 Heath Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 7JH. DHF1080:08/14
For further information, please call 01295 256698 or e-mail: email@example.com